Cohort Security Solutions Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
If we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified when using our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Cohort Security Solutions Ltd may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 22/03/18.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
Name and job title
Contact information including email address.
Demographic information such as address and postcode
Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers and/or employment applications.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise our website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information at any time by writing to us at Cohort Security Solutions Ltd, 4A Great Northern Works, Hartham Lane, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG14 1QN or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you or if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address.
We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How long do we keep your personal data
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data – and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means – and the applicable legal requirements.
Where we store your personal data
We store all your personal details on a secure server, within the European Economic Area.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please write to us at Cohort Security Solutions Ltd, 4A Great Northern Works, Hartham Lane, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG14 1QN or email us at email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Your right to complain
If we receive a complaint from a person we make up a file containing the details of the complaint.
This normally contains the identity of the complainant and any other individuals involved in the complaint.
We will only use the personal information we collect to process the complaint and to check on the level of service we provide.
We do compile statistics showing information like the number of complaints we receive, but not in a form which identifies anyone.
We usually have to disclose the complainant’s identity to whoever the complaint is about.
This is inevitable where, for example, the accuracy of a person’s record is in dispute.
If a complainant doesn’t want information identifying him or her to be disclosed, we will try to respect that. However, it may not be possible to handle a complaint on an anonymous basis.
We will keep personal information contained in complaint files in line with our retention policy.
It will be retained in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to the ‘need to know’ principle.
Similarly, where enquiries are submitted to us we will only use the information supplied to us to deal with the enquiry and any subsequent issues and to check on the level of service we provide.
If you have any problems with the way that we are handling your personal data, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Officer (ICO).
The ICO can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 113 – Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm – or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also visit the ICO’s website by using the following link https://ico.org.uk/
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we may not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We are accredited by the SSAIB and as part of the accreditation scheme we may share some of your information with the SSAIB to enable them to effectively monitor the activities of installers – and to provide appropriate safeguards to homeowners
Any certificate we issue which includes details of your name and address will be passed on to the SSAIB.
The data controller responsible for your personal data is Cohort Security Solutions Ltd (Company Number 5643918.) Our data protection registration number is ZA086098.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact us.
How to contact us